Monday, July 7, 2008

Ignorance is Not Bliss

The afternoon attempt at weening Cathy from the ventilator was no different than this mornings attempt. I do not know exactly how long Cathy was able to breath without assistance (or with reduced assistance). The respiratory therapist adjusted the settings without letting us know. I was not aware that things were changed until Cathy's blood pressure was through the roof and she began struggling. By not advising Cathy (or myself) what she was doing (we assumed the therapist was just in the room to give Cathy a routine respiratory treatment), I think she was trying to remove any anxiety buildup in Cathy as she anticipates what is about to happen to her.

The therapist said that she was going to try again around 5:30 in the morning. (I am going to be in the room before 5).

Good night to all....

David

2 comments:

becky boo said...

Hey mom... U can fight this off! I know it! Just keep your faith in god. Miles cant wait to give you a big kiss and bear hug. His first tooth just came up! We love you bunches and hope you feel better. I will be down there later today to see you...

xoxo

<3 love always

-Momma boo and Baby boo

Norma said...

David, Thank you so much for letting us know how Cathy is doing. Cathy is such a trooper and all around fabulous lady. Both Mike and I are thinking nothing but positive thoughts about your recovery Cathy. David you need to take care of yourself, as well.
Norma