Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Care Giver Moves On

Cathy is doing much better tonight. She has been awake and alert since before I arrived just after 5 pm. She was up in the chair for a little over three hours today and she was on the trach collar for nine hours. Tomorrow morning a swallowing test will be performed and, who knows, maybe tomorrow evening we will be sipping diet cokes together.
Cathy did need another blood transfusion today. Only one unit this time.

The resident physician that has been caring for Cathy since she was brought into the ICU, informed us this evening that tonight is the last night of her ICU rotation. We will miss her. She is taking a rotation at another hospital (Cedars-Sinai) in their well baby program.

Cathy has asked me to tell everyone "Thank you for your prayers and I am trying as hard as I can".

Cathy & David

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
You are trying as hard as you can and you are doing a damn good job!

With all my love and prayers to you, my Friend!!

XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOO

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Nine hours!? I'd say you are trying as hard as you can! That must have wiped you out. Very impressive my dear. Was it the thought of the Diet Coke that kept you going?! (wink, wink)

Keep up the great work! It's making a difference!

I love you!
XOXOXOX
BonBon

Anonymous said...

Miles and I love you El Grandma-O!!
You are in our prayers everyday!!!

get well soon!!!

Love,
Eddie and Miles!!

Melody said...

Great News, Cathy! We will continue the prayers. Take one day at a time. And each day is better!

Ted&Melody