Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Comforting Visit

This afternoon Dr. Saggar dropped by and spoke with Cathy, Jessica and I for a few moments. Dr. Saggar has been involved with Cathy since before her transplant in 2004. He is currently the attending physician overseeing her next transplant. Cathy respects Dr Saggar greatly. This simple visit from Dr Saggar brought a twinkle to Cathy's eyes and a smile to her face.

Dr. Saggar was very reassuring. Cathy is going to recover from this pneumonia and receive her transplant. The main concern is for her to not catch a different bacteria, virus or fungus (one they have not identified in her so for) while she is recovering....... "You are hanging on by a string, you cannot afford any more. This is just going to take some time".

These few prescious moments out of Dr. Saggar's very busy schedule means the world to Cathy. It raised her spirits and has allowed her to get some much needed rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Me, It's You!
Can you believe thirteen years ago we just got back from Nacimiento and had been branded "The skinny Ass Dare Devils!!" Feels like yesterday :) Can't wait to get on those jet skis and really show them how it's done!
I love you missy. You need to stop lying around and lets go have some fun! Think David would let you play with me again if we were tossed in jail first time out?? Hmmmmm.... May have to bring extra cash to pay off the cops so we won't need him for bail..... :) lol
David, I can't even thank you enough for all that you do. You really are an amazing man! Give my Cathy a kiss for me... Love you guys... You xx

Anonymous said...

Hi my Friend,
I miss you and praying for you!
Today I heard The 4 Non Blondes song "What's Up" and I thought of you, and of course, cried .....
"So I wake in the morning and I step Outside
I take deep breath and I get real high
Then I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin' on
And I say hey...
And I say hey what's goin' on
And I try, oh my God, do I try
I try all the time In this institution
And I pray, oh my God, do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution"
David has created an awesome 1st time blog! He even posted good looking pictures!
You have a great guy, standing by your side and calling me everyday on your progress.
Love and kisses Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!

You are the princess of scares, but the queen of the fight! Thank you Lord! Keep up the good fight! This is nothin' compared to post double transplant recovery, so don't let it kick ya! I miss hearing your voice, but David has been completely wonderful in keeping me up to date on my girl. I chat with God about you constantly and you're on many prayer chains....so remember that you're covered Babe! I'll be there in a heartbeat if you need me...just say the word. I love you incredibly! XOXOXOXOX BonBon