Saturday, July 19, 2008

Establishing a Routine

There is not much to update you on this evening. Cathy did get out of the bed and sit in a 'chair' for several hours this afternoon. We are waiting for the lift team to come back by to lift her back into bed. Today was mostly about establishing a routine for Cathy. It looks like they (the doctors) are going to have Cathy exercise her lungs on the trach collar every morning, attempting to add one-hour every day. Then they will get Cathy out of bed, into the chair, every afternoon. As the trach collar exercises get longer, these two events will eventually overlap. Three days a week a physical therapist will drop by her room to work on some physical exercises.

Cathy was offered to wear the trach collar for a while this afternoon. She declined the offer. I think she was just to tired.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

David

PS. Tomorrow's first update will not come until the early afternoon. I need to get some laundry and other household chores done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great momma! I am so proud of you... Just keep getting stronger, I know you can do it! You will get through this. I love you so much... I want you to know that you are my HERO. You are the strongest woman I know! You are my inspiration. Miles says "Hi YaYa," and that he misses you and can't wait to crawl all over you and play peek-a-boo!

We love you Lots!!!

XOXO
Becky Boo

Ps. It was great seeing you Auntie Bonnie...Thankyou =)