Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cathy Has Been Reintibated

The doctors have completed the reintibation. I was briefly allowed back in the room. The nurses are getting Cathy cleaned up and comfortable, so I stepped back out for a few.

Cathy is heavily sedated. Earlier today, while Cathy was still coherent, she asked for constant sedation while she is intibated. Therefore, she will be pretty much 'out of it' until tomorrow, after they perform the tracheotomy.

Over the next several hours the doctors and nurses will be working to bring Cathy's blood gasses back in-line. During this time the ventilator will be providing Cathy full support. It may be left in this mode until after the procedure tomorrow.

The doctors have told me not to look at re-intibation as a set back. Cathy is still better today than she was two weeks ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed to hear about the reintibation but relieved to know you are in better condition today, then two weeks ago.

Sleep peacefully my Friend.

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome someday.
Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe.

The Lord will see us through,
The Lord will see us through someday.

We're on to victory,
We're on to victory someday.

We'll walk hand in hand,
We'll walk hand in hand someday.

We are not afraid,
We are not afraid today.

We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace someday...

XXXOOOXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOO

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,

As I write, you are sleeping peacefully thanks to the heavy sedation you requested (sounds like a smart move to me!). I pray that the Lord will give you sweet dreams and perfect comfort. Tomorrow will be yet another big day for you, but nothing you can't handle my dear. Your determination and perseverance will see you through! If you're feeling like your tank is getting a little low...tap back into your source, the Almighty God who created you and sustains you.

These past many days have been SO hard to be so far away from you and I hope and pray that you will not be angry with me. (P.S. Don't be upset with David either, it was my idea). I'm coming to see my girl and stand by you at this difficult time...something I consider an honor. I arrive Tuesday night and will look forward to the moment I get to see the whites of your eyes!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philppians 4:6-7

See you soon.
XOXOXOXOX
BonBon