Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still A Bit Groggy

The settings on Cathy's ventilator were changed to a pressure support mode. Cathy did well on this setting as long as she was awake. Whenever she would dose off a little, her breathing got shallow and her blood oxygen levels dropped. There are still a lot of drugs floating around her body keeping her a little sedated. Until these fully wear off and she is fully awake, she cannot be weened off of the ventilator. Possibly tomorrow morning.

Cathy had a bronchosopy this afternoon around 4 pm (more sedation). The doctors said everything looked real good. I was given a quick tour of the inside of her new lung. Since this was my first time seeing this I have nothing to compare it to. It was amazing. At one point I did notice something that caught my attention. I saw in very small print, at the top of the bronchial, some writing that said "Made in Colorado".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David you have a vivid and clever way with words!

We shall all sleep better tonight.

Love to all ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Momma,

I can't put in to words how I feel... I don't think it has hit me yet....IT HAPPENED!!! YOU DID IT!!! And you are my HERO. You are such a strong person and I am so glad that GOD has blessed you (and us) with this AMAZING gift.See what a lot of HOPE and FAITH can do! Continue to gain STRENGTH and TRUST in the LORD.


I LOVE YOU!!!!
1...4...3... =)

XOXOXO
Becky boo

Jami said...

Hey Jo !!!
I am soooo happy for you !!!
And all your loved ones :)
What a blessing.
What a fighter you have been.
I'm so proud of you :)
David you are hilarious !
It's great to hear a little humor
right about now :)
Becky Boo !!! Jessi !!!
Wow !!! You mom is amazing :)