Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Call

This morning Cathy was told that there is a lung available for her!!!!!!!

I rushed to the hospital in time to cross paths with the Doctors Saggar. At this time it is looking good. They said the lung identified is a left lung. The plan had been for a right lung, but something has caused them to call an audible and change the plan. We trust their judgement.

Cathy is understandably a little anxious at the moment. It is now a waiting game to see if the lung is good enough for transplant. Minutes? Hours? We don't know. However long it is, it will seem like an eternity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that's wonderful news. I just hope there's no glitches before Cathy gets the lung - left, right, who cares, it's a lung!

We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to the next update.

Anonymous said...

Terrific news.... I am praying for you and sending all of our love.... I am so sorry I havent posted in a while... but I didnt not stop thinking of you all.... I also am impatiently waiting for the update... love to all!!!

Anonymous said...

oop that last message was from the neice Tamika and Family... my dad said he would call.. so you should hear from him soon!!! love to all again!

Anonymous said...

Let me add another OMG! This will be the longest day of your life for both you, David, and Cathy. Just read that "it's a go". Shed a few tears on the news. Am really at a loss for words. Wishing all goes well is the best I can do!

Norma

Jami said...

Another OMG !!!
I wish I were there !!!
I am praying and praying......
Love you,
Jami Lynne x/o

Anonymous said...

We are getting closer to our prayers being answered !!!

Cathy try to stay calm for the big event.

I am praying for you.