Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Correction

There was not any trauma on the new lung. The bleeding was comming from her chest cavity where the upper lobe of her 'old' lung had adhered to the cavity walls. When they peeled the lung out it was described to me as being similar to removing a scab - it bleeds like the dickens.

The pulmonology team all speak very highly of her new lung. Listening to them talk about this lung you would think they were discussing some high priced sports car. "Its a beautiful lung" were among some of the phrases I heard.

Cathy is doing much better. Of course she has a tremendous amount of pain at her incision site. She is very thirsty. She cannot have anything to drink until they are sure everything is OK and they will not have to send her back to the OR for any reason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My lung questions answered.

Cathy is up and alert already? Amazing...

We will continue our prayers for her as she recooperates.

Anonymous said...

Amen.... I dont know what else to say!!!!
Thats the best news I have heard in a long time!!!!
Love, Tamika

Jami said...

A beautiful lung for a
beautiful girl :)
Everything sounds great........
David, you are the best !!!
Thank you so much for the
updates.........
Take care everyone.
Love,
Jami :)

Jami said...

I forgot to add this earlier.
Sometimes I turn to junk food during stressful times.
I found myself dining in a fast food Chinese resturaunt today for lunch.
When I finished and opened my one and only fortune cookie it read:
" You will recieve good news
from far away "
Certainly no argument that today's news was as good as it gets !!!