Sunday, November 9, 2008

Groovin' . . . On A Sunday Afternoon

For the most part it has been a laid-back Sunday afternoon. Cathy has been trying to catch up on some of the sleep she has missed during the past couple nights.

This afternoon some dried blood came loose from somewhere within her airways (wherever the bleeding had been occuring). This dried blood started to block the trach tube. After a well timed visit from a respiratory therapist the situation was addressed before there was a complete blockage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm baaaaaack! Why is it that every time I go away something scary happens!? You gotta cut that out or I just won't leave my computer! I thank God that the blockage incident was resolved on Friday night...way to speak up David! How horribly scary for you both!

Joe and I had a great marriage conference...lots of letter writing and time to talk about a lot of things. It was just what we needed.

I'm so happy to hear that you were blessed with visitors on Saturday! Sorry to hear that Jessica is under the weather though! Get well Jess!

Wishing you another good lap around the unit on Monday and a peaceful, uneventful night's sleep tonight!

Lots of Love!
BonBon
XOXOXOXOX

Jami said...

Hey Jo,
Glad all is better with the blockage.........
Hope by the time you get this you are ready to go for a stroll around
the floor :)
It will be so refreshing........
Have a great day kiddo...
Love you,
Jami Lynne x/o

Anonymous said...

Groovin...on a Sunday afternoon...The songs lyrics are in my head...I am happy to know that Cathy had a well deserved, laid back Sunday.

I wish I could say the same. I have been busy and overwhelmed with commitments. I have to learn to say "NO". Cathy I need to hear your voice and words of wisdom!