Saturday, August 9, 2008

She Took A Pass On The Room

There is not much to update on this evening. Cathy has not been on the trach collar for very long today, just a couple hours this morning and a few more this evening. She is very tired.

Apparently a room did open up around 3 am last night. However, at that time Cathy was sleeping soundly and the charge nurse did not want to disturb her. The charge nurse knows how worried Cathy is about being out of the ICU and in a room where she is not visible to the nurses 24/7. Waking her up in the middle of the night and moving her to a floor where she is 'out-of-sight' would have only increased Cathy's anxieties.

I commented a couple day ago about Cathy pulse rate dropping below 100. The past two days her pulse has been increasing a little bit again. This evening it has been holding between 110 and 120 when she is resting. I don't know what this means, I have not seen a doctor today (or yesterday).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I know it must be scary moving out of ICU but the Doc's would not allow the move unless they felt you were ready.

Isaiah 43:
1 But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
4 Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.

Anonymous said...

Momma,

You are doing great...I feel so bad that I cant be there everyday to support you more. I will See you tomorrow.

xoxo

Becky Boo