Thursday, August 7, 2008

A County Fair Treat

Cathy stayed on the trach collar for 29 hours yesterday. An arterial blood sample was not drawn this morning so we do not know how her body did with its CO2 levels. Cathy did say that she was alert when she was put back on respiratory support, so the CO2 could not have been too high.

After being on the trach collar so long yesterday, Cathy is exhausted today. She still found the drive to do some physical therapy and go back on the trach collar at 1 pm. The respiratory therapist said he will be putting Cathy back on respiratory support between 10 and midnight tonight.

One of the attending physicians from the transplant team stopped by to examine Cathy this afternoon. This doctor expressed some concern that Cathy's trach is still bleeding internally. I will follow up with one of the doctors the next opportunity I get (I was not at the hospital when the doctor was examining Cathy).

Jessica is taking Miles to the County fair this evening. I have asked her to pick up a few 'fair foods' that we could puree and bring in for Cathy. Maybe this will add a little variety to Cathy's pureed diet and bring a little of home here for her.

David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

Slowly, but surely you are improving !!

I know how much Cathy likes going to the Ventura County fair, a taste of fair foods should boost her spirits!!

Rest and grow strong, My Dear Friend.

Anonymous said...

Mom you are doing great! I hope to be able to visit you soon... I had the baby both monday and tuesday and I work everyday until sunday. And on sunday I am watching Melia and David. So my hope is to be able to come on monday! I miss u lots and keep staying strong and getting better.

XOXO

We love you

Miles and Becky boo