Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Quiet Sunday

Cathy has been on the trach collar since 8am this morning. Her appetite also increased a bit today. She had a good portion of mashed potatoes for lunch and a pureed hamburger and chocolate pudding for supper. A little extra time on respiratory support yesterday appears to have helped her energy level.

Cathy is still bleeding from somewhere within her throat/lungs. A few days ago the doctors thought it was bleeding from the tracheotomy. The latest school of thought is that she has had too much suctioning. (Sterile water is routinely 'squirted' down her trach. This water is then suctioned back out by sticking a tube through the trach down into her lungs. This is done to remove the secretions and fluids in her lungs). The frequent suctioning may have caused irritation and bleeding. One of the problems with the bleeding is that blood clots are frequently blocking the trach and making it difficult for Cathy to breathe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you has a quiet Sunday, My Dear Friend.

We are all praying for you.

I am longing to see or hear from you.

I love you .....

Anonymous said...

I often wonder what you must be thinking and feeling. Many times, when I was there and could look into your eyes I felt I knew. Yet none of us can truly imagine what it must be like from your vantage point. Try to remember that this too is temporary, change is inevitable. Focus on the amazing improvements you've made during your time in the ICU and the fact that God's timing is perfect. That's the toughest one to swallow I think, but He truly knows what is best and will "cause all things to work together for the good of those who love Him."

And, by the way, isn't it appropriate that He's the only one who can hear your precious voice right now? Keep talkin'!

I love you!

XOXOXOXOX
BonBon