Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not Pushing it

Cathy spent just under three hours on the trach collar this morning. She was put back on the respiratory support on the doctor's orders. Cathy wanted to go longer but the doctor does not want Cathy to push herself and go through another set-back.

Cathy said she slept very well last night. She was awake and 'chipper' for most of the day. She just started napping a few moments ago.

Donna and Floyd came down from Oxnard this afternoon and visited with Cathy. Jessica was also here this afternoon. Having visits from these guests today has brightened Cathy's spirits.

Cathy's shoulder is moving through a much wider range of motion today. Cathy only comments about the pain when I press aginst it. (I guess I'll have stop pressing against it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna & I enjoyed our visit today. We were looking forward to it all week. We were glad to see your spirits up and enjoyed your sweet smile and laughs. We pray everyday
for improvements.
Thanks David for your updates. Every day they are the first thing I open at work.
Love, Donna & Floyd

Anonymous said...

I remember so well when Cathy broke her collar bone and I would give her a love slap causing my dear Friend pain.

David stop pressing on that shoulder!

I am happy to hear Cathy enjoyed her visitors today. The Cathy smile and laugh warms my heart.