Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Late Night MRI

The doctors have ordered an MRI of Cathy's arm. The pain in Cathy's arm has not subsided any more from yesterday, her mobility is still limited, and Cathy has now spiked a little fever. This has raised the suspicion of an infection in the arm. The MRI will help the doctors determine if there is an infection present somewhere in the arm. Of course they will not give us a time for this MRI procedure. The closest thing to a time that we can get is "sometime tonight", so I have a feeling it is going to be a long night.

Cathy's energy level was also very low today (another indication that there may be an infection). She has been sleeping almost constantly since I arrived just before 5 pm. She spent only a few hours on the trach collar today.

Jessica and Becky spent the day with Cathy, I am sure this helped with her energy and spirits.

I am going to chase down some coffee and stick around for the MRI. I will post an update after the procedure is complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure it was comforting having your girls by your side today.

I hope it will not be too long of a night waiting for the MRI.

Lord, look upon Cathy with eyes of mercy, may your healing hands rest upon her, may your lifegiving powers flow into every cell of her body and into the depths of her soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring her to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom on Earth. Amen

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this complication. I pray that they can get some solid answers from the MRI and for quick and permanent healing from whatever it is. I also pray for pain relief (always) with your chronic headaches and now your arm. Hang in there my dear sweet sister. I love you.

XOXOXOX
BonBon