Friday, August 15, 2008

Increased Support

Cathy was on respiratory support all day. After observing Cathy struggling to breathe early this morning, the ICU attending physican had the respiratory therapist increase the amount of respiratory assistance Cathy is receiving (three units of increased pressure support). She also told Cathy to rest all day today.

Cathy is able to move her shoulder a little more this evening. She says the pain is about the same.

Sorry for the brief update, there isn't much more to say at this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m sending this to let you know
I think of you each day,
And pray for your recovery,
Hoping soon you’ll be okay.

You’re going through a lot right now,
You’re treatments can be tiring.
Remember while you do them,
God's guidance will be inspiring.

Hold on to your positive attitude,
And when things get hard to bear,
Know that I am here for you,
Remember that I care.

And when you’re well and flourishing,
Look back and realize,
You have learned what you are made of
and that is what I idealize!

I believe in you.

Anonymous said...

C.J., your exhaustion from the culmulative affect of the events of the past many weeks is more than any of us can imagine! I pray that you'll get the rest and rejuvenation that you need and SO deserve!

Sending you love and hugs,
XOXOXOXOX
BonBon