Friday, October 10, 2008

A Run Home And A Home Run

I had to leave the hospital for a few hours this morning (a plumbing emergency at home and a task at work that needed to be completed). When I returned a little while ago I walked into Cathy's room to find her sitting up in bed and watching the tube. Her struggles for each breath were still very obvious, but she was awake and alert.

A Cat Scan was performed this morning. I am sure that as soon as the doctors have these results they will let us know.

While I was out, Cathy's friend Denise M. stopped by with some potato pancakes. Cathy loves potato pancakes. Cathy actually managed to eat a few bites. This is the first food she has taken by mouth in several days. Thank you Denise, home run.

2 comments:

Norma said...

David, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your postings on Cathy. I can't be there to comfort her, but hearing, through you, how she is doing helps me feel a part of her day-to-day triumps and struggles.
Hang in there, Cathy, that lung is coming!
Love, Norma

Anonymous said...

Thank you Denise, potato pancakes yummy!!