Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back Where It Should Be

Cathy just finished receiving one unit of blood. Around 5 this afternoon she went onto the trach collar to eat some very late lunch or early supper. She did pretty good, she ate about one-fourth of a tilapia fillet and about half a portion of plain bow-tie pasta (she sure digs that bow-tie pasta).

For most of the day Cathy has been alert and interactive. Her friend Dianna and her daughters were here for a visit this afternoon. I think this stimulation helped keep her alert.

It looks like the added support has put Cathy's mental status back to where it should be (to use the phrase the doctor used on Friday). Now to determine if the requirement for added respiratory support is due to infection or rejection. Better yet.... a transplant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, you are unpredictable ... I am relieved you are having a better day and enjoying bow-tie pasta.

David described the smile in your twinkling eyes and I can visualize your deep brown eyes, reminding me of a song...

I was watching them twinkle in your eyes.
I never saw anything
so beautiful as you

when I look into your eyes
they were all so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie! Welcome back! You're not blond so we can't have you playing a "space cadet", okay!? You can leave that to me! I love hearing that you're eating real, solid food. I hope you're enjoying it! How's your pain from the bed sore and the biopsy wound? I'm praying that it is gone or at least significantly reduced!

Hey, what are you gonna be for Halloween? I was thinking maybe a "Survivor", what do you think!?

Have a peaceful day my love.

With Love and Hugs,
BonBon
XOXOXOXOX