Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 101

You are receiving today's update second hand. Becky and Jessica were heading down to visit with their mother this evening so I decided to stay home and catch up on some chores (like 101 days of mail, thank God for on-line bill paying).

Becky & Jessica tell me that their mother is doing good this evening. Cathy spent most of today on respiratory support. This evening she is on the trach collar so she can eat some food. However, that task is not going so well as she is dealing with nausea again today.

One-hundred and one days in the hospital....... It seems like we should be hearing bands playing and cannons sounding. It is quite a milestone no matter how you measure it. For me it has been one hundred more days that I had with Cathy that I did not think I would have one-hundred and one days ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right David! Though these days have been exhausting and miserable at times, they are each a gift from God. Many times I've been fearful that it was time to say "goodbye", yet the Lord keeps providing miracles! I'm praying that His next one is a shiny new lung! So give that "miracle girl" a huge hug from me and keep on keepin' on!

Lots of Love,
BonBon
XOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

David, you are sweet and loyal counting your blessing and cherishing the days you have with Cathy!

As stated by Bonnie, God keeps providing miracles allowing Cathy to stay on Earth with us.

We will continue to pray for Cathy.