Saturday, October 11, 2008

Results

The resident from the 7th floor medical team stopped by Cathy's ICU room a little while ago. He too was initially unaware of the reasons for Cathy's move.

He finally gave us the results from the CatScan: No new pulmonary invasions were observed (interpret: this is GOOD news). He also stated that all cultures taken during the past three days have grown nothing, also good news. His assumptions about the cause for this latest set-back was that Cathy was beginning to develop another mucuous blockage. Cathy also needs to be on respiratory support for a few hours during the day as well as during the night to keep her CO2 levels down.

No pneumonia!!! If I wasn't so tired from being woken up in the middle of the night I'd dance a jig (and if I knew how).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee...good news on the Catscan, cultures and no pneumonia.

Thats My Friend, beating all odds!!

David get some rest ...

I love you tons...

Melody said...

Both of you need to get some rest. I think you could write a soap opera called as the hospital turns! I think they should have had the courtesy to at least told you why she was being moved! Goodness. Daily prayers for both of you continue. Lets hope for a transplant soon!
Ted & Melody