Sunday, October 12, 2008

Morning Greetings

As I approached Cathy's ICU room this morning the curtains were pulled back and I could see her sitting up in bed. When she saw me approaching I was greeted with a huge smile. The doctors and nurses didn't have to say anything, I knew, she is much better than last night.

Cathy was kept on the ventilator overnight. Her blood gasses and pH have returned to her baseline values. In an hour or so from now she will be taken off of the ventilator. The doctors are still discussing whether the change will be to the trach collar or to the Bi-Pap.

Cathy does have a fever this morning and her headaches are hitting her with a vengeance. Its not a perfect day, but we'll take it.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a perfect day but greetings with a smile is always reasurring.

I miss your smile and laugh...