Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh So Close

Dr. Saggar (the brother) stopped by Cathy's room this afternoon. During his assessment he expressed concern about Cathy's increasing need to be on the Bi-Pap. He said there is still concern for an infection but this increased dependence may also be due to chronic rejection. Every time she has a mucous blockage, more rejection may be occurring. For the first time a doctor has vocalized what Cathy has felt for weeks now. The gravity of what he said was lost at that moment due to what he said next.....

....."During the past several days there have been at least three offers of lungs for Cathy".....

These offers had to be turned down because they were not satisfactory lungs. Dr. Saggar emphasized that it is very important for Cathy to eat and stay strong. We are close, oh so close.

Cathy has been on the trach collar for one hour at the time of this blog posting. She is enjoying another California Roll without having to disconnect herself from respiratory support. If we can round up a walker or wheelchair, we are going to attempt a cruise down the hallway this afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy hang in there, your time for new lungs is so near. We are all praying for that perfect lung just for you.

Glad to hear you are enjoying a California roll. I hope you had the opportunity to cruise down the hallway...

Life is a highway...I wanna ride it all night long
If ur goin my way...I wanna drive it all night long

Anonymous said...

My jaw just dropped... that close!!!! Its coming soon I can feel it, you too Aunt Cathy? I can sense the strength in you! You are going to do this! Sending love and energy all to you! My Favorite Aunt! I love you!
David,You are such a great man for doing all you do. I know I dont know any of you, but Family is Family, and my Aunt Cathy has always been in my heart!! I cant thank you enough for all you do!
Love Tamika,
Oh my dad say hi too!

Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo! It's coming soon! That is such GREAT news! I hope you are feeling a renewed sense of hope and strength knowing that the next chapter, your next miracle, is just around the corner. I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to coming down to help take care of you again! What a joy and an honor that will be!

I love you SO much!

BonBon
XOXOXOXOXOX

Jami said...

Hey Jo,
How great to hear the news they are so close to a good lung for you :)
I'm praying and praying :)
Glad those rolls are goin' down OK, and I hope your trip down the hallway was fun, fun, fun !!!
Take care girlfriend,
Love always,
Jami Lynne x/o