Friday, September 5, 2008

Sedation

Cathy was sleeping again when I arrived this evening. I was a little 'taken back' when I learned that they began sedating Cathy yesterday. (This may also explain why she was sleeping so soundly when I arrived last night . It may also be a factor in Cathy not remembering what the doctors tell her during the rounds in the morning). The nurse thought she is receiving the sedative to help relieve the nausea. Cathy is receiving sedation throughout the day.

At some point in the day today Cathy did have physical therapy. The nurse said she walked around the room and did some marching in place.

When I left this morning, Cathy was awake, alert, and looked like she was heading for a good day. Tomorrow morning I will be able to ask the doctors about the sedation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how, we long for a good day! I hope you are feeling much, much better so we can have a Saturday full of vigor!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I pray for the wisdom of the doctors and nurses! You are so much at their mercy and it is imperative that they make good choices. I hope things get resolved today with regard to the sedation and that you are able to feel confident in whatever decision is made. David, please give Cathy a hug and a kiss for me!May this day see marked improvements!

With love and healing hugs,
BonBon
XOXOXOX