Thursday, September 25, 2008

Everyday, Its Getting Closer

Blood pressure - normal; Temperature - normal; Blood Gasses - normal; Magnesium - normal; Pulse rate and potassium - a little high (we can't have it all); and so it was for today.

Once again, Cathy has fought through a set back. Today she went for another cruise around the unit with the physical therapist. Her headaches are still there, especially when she is suctioned. Her nausea is now only a minor issue. She is still receiving tube feedings from 6 pm to 6 am. During the day her consumption of food by mouth is getting better, but it is still not enough to provide all the nutrition she needs.

Everyday: getting stronger, getting rest, getting nutrition and getting closer to a transplant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be the biggest fool in the whole universe
To trade a heavenly blessing for a worldly curse
I was a weaker man til I made my stand
Now I am here to make a change

Getting strong, stronger now, every day
I'm getting stronger

I'm running blind on the wheels of faith
Moving to the beat of a heart that prays
Hanging on every word you said
I get a little stronger every day

Jami said...

Hey kiddo,
I'm getting this comment thing better now.
I was reading every day, but frustrated that I could not comment.
Now that I can........
Look out !!!
Just kidding :)
Grey's premier rocked !!!
I taped it for you :)
Take care, stay strong.
Love you,
Jami Lynne

Jami said...

Hey Jo,
Just wanted to let you know I'll be out of town for a couple days.
Goin' to Wisconsin for a Harvest Festival.
I'll be thinkin' about you.
I'll take us for a ride on the old four wheeler.............
Talk with you soon.
Love,
Jami :)
PS
I'll have my cell phone in case you want to call me....... :)

Anonymous said...

We're here! I got the blog address from David and am accessing it from Joe's laptop. Wow did I miss a lot! Wahoo to moving back off the ICU floor! You amaze me girl! Your strength and determination are inspiring! Keep up the great fight...that new lung is coming soon!

Less than 24 hours and we get to see those beautiful brown eyes of yours! I'm so excited! The girls and Miles are meeting us there, so rest up for lots of company!

Today is Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'll say "hi" to Jack for you.

I love you!
BonBon :-)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX