Thursday, September 4, 2008

No Word

Cathy was sitting up in bed when I came into her room this afternoon. Quite a change from the past four-plus days. She is still fighting the nausea. She was unable to eat anything again today. The pain is still with her, but is becomming bearable.

Cathy is currently receiving two more units of blood (I think these are her eight & ninth units since being admitted in June, I lost count). Cathy was told that this blood should give her more energy.

One of the doctors from the transplant team did visit Cathy this afternoon. He did not say anything about her being relisted (he also did not say she wasn't re-listed). Cathy does not remember to much about the visit, I am chalking up the poor memory to the narcotics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are slowly feeling better. I too, wish that nausea would past so you could eat again and have more energy.

Is the new units of blood giving you more energy?

My love to you ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are STILL battling the pain and nausea...how miserable! I pray for some major relief and soon!

Would it cheer you up if I told you that we will all be there to see you in just 3 weeks!? It's coming fast and we're so excited. I will call David soon and talk about the plan since it sounds like you'll be at UCLA, ready for your new lung!

I can't wait to look into those precious brown eyes and tell you how much I love you!

Hugs,
BonBon
XOXOXO