Sunday, September 28, 2008

Potassium

Everything you ever didn't want to know about potassium, that is what today was about. The potassium levels in Cathy's system have been a little high the past few days. This has been her biggest issue to deal with. Her blood gas levels all the other 'numbers' are good. Just potassium... I will spare everyone the details about how potassium levels are reduced.

Kaitlyn came down for a visit this afternoon and the three of us went for a stroll around the unit.

Last night Cathy passed on being put on the Bi-Pap. By this afternoon she was feeling the effects of her lungs not being rested overnight. She says that tonight she will use the rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a peaceful, rested sleep tonight, My Friend. We need you to stay strong.

Fall arrived in Minnesota and your favorite season will soon be here.

I miss you ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Cathy... I seen that it was your birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! My dad has a message : Hope your feeling better... miss and love you from your big brother, love Roy!!!!
I am happy to hear, its getting better everyday, you are a strong woman!!! And look up to you... cant wait to catch up and stay connected... love always, your niece, Tamika

Jami said...

Hey kiddo,
We're back from Wisconsin.
Sounds like every day is getting better.
Rest good tonight my friend.
I'll write you in the morning :)
Sweet dreams.
Love,
Jami