Monday, September 22, 2008

Lost Cookies

Cathy has been dealing with more than the usual amount of nausea today. At times during the day she has been hit with productive heaves.

She has been on the trach collar constantly since Sunday morning. Tonight she tells me that she is having to concentrate more than 'normal' on her breathing. I suspect that she may need to rest a bit on the ventilator.

Cathy is still being given IV antibiotic and antifungal medications. The nurse could not tell us if the results from the cultures taken at St Johns are available. I suspect that it is still a little to early for these results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, My Friend,

You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I just found an old collage you made me in 1980 of all our favorites. What memories !!

Love you tons...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!

I'm so sorry to hear about your nausea today! How miserable! You are such a trooper...I can't believe how much you've been through and you continue to fight hard! Slowly but surely, you're bouncing back from this last set-back, so all your hard work and determination is paying off!

I won't be able to "blog" for a bit since we leave for Disneyland on Tuesday. I'll get in touch with David and line up our visit for Saturday! I hope the girls are still available! Can't wait to see you and give you that hug in person!

I love you!!!!
BonBon
XOXOXOXOXO