Sunday, December 14, 2008

Take My Breath Away

Every day the improvements are becoming more and more obvious. I am hesitant about becoming too overjoyed out of fear of jinxing Cathy's progress (knock on wood). Today she walked three times, during two of those she completed two laps around the unit. She ate about three times as much today as she ate yesterday. She still has 'issues' but these are nothing compared to what she has been through. One of the doctors told us this afternoon that it is conceivable that Cathy could be home by this weekend. I get short of breath just thinking about that.

Tomorrow her trach is going to be downsized. The goal then would be to get her to tolerate the speaking valve. Not necessarily because the doctors want to hear her voice, but talking will exercise her lungs and help to ween her off the supplied oxygen. Every procedure represents a possibility for another setback. We have been told that downsizing is a very simple procedure that will take only a few moments to complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that you are both a little "gun shy" due to previous set backs. However, I encourage you to allow yourselves to fully revel in each victory for that moment...not holding back an ounce of the praise God is due for His blessings! And, as you know, He has consistently been faithful when those setbacks have come...He will continue to provide and bring blessing.

Thank you merciful Father for your perfect provision for Cathy! Please continue to protect and strengthen her as she rejoices in your blessings!

I love you CJ!
Hugs and Kisses,
BonBon

Jami said...

Hey Jo and David,
All this news is so great !!!
I am so excited.......
We are all !!!
Take care my friends.
Take a deep breath........
And smile :)
Love you always,
Jami Lynne x/o

Anonymous said...

Home for the weekend...WOW... unbelievable.

I knocked on wood and sent a few more prayers out as well!

I love you, My Friend