Friday, December 12, 2008

Catch Twenty-Two

Her improvement continues. Although Cathy only went for a walk once, she still displayed a notable increase in energy today. She was told that on Monday (maybe on Sunday) her trach will be downsized.

One of the remaining hurdles for Cathy to overcome is nutrition. Cathy must be able to eat (by mouth) enough food to support herself. As long as she is receiving the tube feedings she does not have an appetite, or desire to eat. However, her tube feedings cannot be completely withheld (DC'd) until she eats. This weekend we are going to work on eating.

Cathy has begun to develop tingling and numbness on the left side of her body. She was told that this may be a side effect of the anti-rejection meds. No one seems to be worried about this. She was given warm compresses. I don't know what these are supposed to do, but Cathy appears to enjoy them.

PS. 7pm update, we went for a stroll around the unit. Nothing like a Friday night walk along the promenade under a full moon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I hear a hint of a romantic night with a stroll under a full moon, it all started with those warm compresses?

I wish I was there to help you with the eating...

Anonymous said...

I wonder how pureed french fries with honey would taste....may be worth a try! I'll be praying for your appetite and that it all goes down well!

You gotta love all those meds and their side-effects don't you? I know you've been dealing with this for 4 years now, but I'm hoping it feels like a manageable price to pay for what the benefits are! I'll also be praying for the numbness and tingling to take a hike!

Glad you got out for a "date" tonight! It only gets better from here...before too long those walks really will be along a "promenade"!

I hope that Saturday brings you some visitors! I'll be there in spirit!

Love you!!!!
BonBon
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

GO MOMMA!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!.... I just got home from work its been a long day, back to work in the morning...blah

Sweet Dreams!

I LOVE YOU

<3 Becky Boo

xoxoxo

1...4...3

Melody said...

Way to go Cathy! Each day there is a little bit of good news in the blogs! A nice moonlit walk sounds nice!

Still thinking of both of you and sending daily prayers.

Ted and Melody

Jami said...

Wow !!!
Friday night, date night :)
I'm so happy for you both !!!
Everything sounds great.
Hope the eating gets going as well.
Take care.
Love,
Jami Lynne x/o