Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Don't Hurt Yourself!

Do somersaults, cartwheels, back flips, scream at the top of your lungs, and jump for joy!!!! Cathy is breathing room air!!!!! For the first time in over two years Cathy and I are breathing the same air!

The trach was removed just after 4pm this afternoon. Since that time she has been completely off of oxygen. There is an oxygen mask, with six liters per minute of oxygen flowing, sitting right next to her if she should need it. For now it is more of a security blanket thing. She has not attempted any moving around yet, but as her courage builds this evening I am sure she will.

Hospital discharge documents are being prepared. Discharge may have happened by tomorrow or Friday but we have asked to remain in the hospital over the weekend. There is a 'bug' running around at home so we wanted to have this weekend to let it run its course.

And just in case you didn't believe it the first time you read it, here it is again:

Cathy Is Breathing Room Air!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Room air...yipee...there is nothing like a breath of room air!

I have tears of joy for both you and Cathy !!!

May the miracles never cease!!!

Thank the Lord for he is good...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord!!! This is the moment we've all been waiting for! WOW!!!!!!!! What a precious gift! Now I'm REALLY bawling! Oh how I wish I could be there to see your smile and give you the biggest hug ever (gently, of course!)!

I'm rejoicing along with you!!!!

Love,
BonBon
XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I also am crying tears of joy... I am so very happy for all of you!!! You are so very strong... and couragious!!!! Home for the holidays brings a whole new meaning :)... Thank you David for everyhting you have done!!! I can not wait to meet you!!! And give you both hugs...
Sending all my love....
Tamika and Family!!

Melody said...

This is such awesome news! My goodness! An answer to prayer that is for sure. And discharge papers being worked on? Did I read that right as well? Nothing short of miracles, praise the Lord!

Many Christmas Blessings
Ted and Melody

Jami said...

Cathy Jo,
You are remarkable !!!
You never gave up, and I am so proud of you !!!
I am so happy to hear the news
of the breaths of room air !!!
David, WOW !!!
How great for you to be there !!!
You have been a wonderful, wonderful updater.
Thank you.
And again I say, THANK YOU !!!
Bless you both.
Bless you all.
Jo,
Enjoy every second of this :)
I love you,
Jami Lynne x/o

Denise,
Great words........
Give thanks to the Lord
for he is good..........