Friday, December 5, 2008

A Room Upgrade

Another active day for Cathy. Once again she went for a walk twice in one day. She has been on the trach collar steady since after the procedure yesterday. This afternoon she enjoyed a PB&J sandwich and this evening she had her first California Roll in several weeks.

Sorry for the late update. After I arrived at Cathy's room this evening, I fell asleep before I had a chance to make a post. We were both woken up a few moments ago and informed that Cathy is being moved to a different room. She is being transferred out of the ICU and into the medical observation unit (MOU). This is the unit she was in just prior to the transplant. So much for getting some sleep tonight.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed, but what great news! Goodbye ICU....may it be a LONG time before you have to go back!

My chin has been on the floor as I've read these past two posts...what amazing progress! Thank you Lord for the doctor that figured out about the fluid that needed to be drained! What a difference!

Go get 'em CJ! You're doing it!!!!

Sending you lots of love and hugs,
BonBon
XOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Out of ICU, David's daily blogs bring news of great progress!

Just in time for the most wonderful time of the year ...

Sending you warm hugs from cold MN

Anonymous said...

WOW! Mom you are a fighter! I am so glad to hear that you have left the ICU. That is AWESOME!

I just wish I could spend more time with you, work has been crazy and I have been dealing with health issues. I finally found out what those horrible stomach pains were from... SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY MOM.... thats all I have to say lol...

Well I will see you on tuesday I hope you get stronger and stronger everyday!

<3 becky boo
1...4...3
Xoxoxo

PS... David you are amazing, I admire you for all that you have done and continue to do for mom and for your unconditional love. Thank you for keeping us informed on the status of moms condition. I know that we are all truly blessed to have you in our lives.